Field Service Engineer
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
Position reports directly to the Customer Service Manager. You will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and training of personnel related to the automation equipment manufactured by Simplimatic, A Signode Brand for the Electronics, Packaging, and semiconductor industry.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installation of Simplimatic equipment based on customer schedule.
- Train customer employees on proper operation and maintenance related to Simplimatic equipment.
- Electrical / electronic diagnosis of complex issues related to Simplimatic equipment.
- Implementation, installation and evaluation of product improvements in the form of new hardware and software.
- Maintain and submit reports relating to the hours spent working customer issues.
- Travel required up to 90%
- Build and wire equipment at Simplimatic, A Signode Brand manufacturing facility
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate a positive team spirit and customer focus.
- Strong knowledge of automation equipment and sub systems.
- Works well with customers and other employees.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong skill set related to programmable logic controllers (PLC’s) for diagnosing software issues at the customer site.
- Strong skill set in reading and interpreting electrical diagrams for use in troubleshooting and installation activities.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent working knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access).
- Working knowledge of SMEMA 1.2 interface specification.
- Have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates “can-do” attitude, good communication, and organization and time management skills.
- Resourceful, able to act independently and to recognize when higher intervention may be necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR CERTIFICATION – REQUIRED AND PREFERRED:
- Degree in Electronics or related discipline is required (Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred).
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years of experience working with automation equipment and/or industrial electronics
- Working knowledge and experience interfacing with and diagnosis of AB & GE PLC’s, HMI, and Servo Systems.