Cimtrak® Edge Belt Conveyor
Cimtrak Edge Belt Connecting Conveyors are modular stand alone conveyors designed to convey ESD-sensitive material by its edges between manufacturing processes. These conveyor systems are most commonly used to convey Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and other electronic assemblies.
Each conveyor is capable of running independently utilizing an on board Allen-Bradley® PLC, but the system is designed to be linked to other up-line and down-line systems using SMEMA communications.
Cimtrak Edge Belt Conveyors are available in any length, as well as numerous drive configurations and serve as the backbone of any electronics manufacturing line.
Simplimatic’s electronics design philosophies have been highly regarded by the electronics industry since 1988 and are known to have an average service life of more than 15 years.
Each electrostatic dissipative Cimtrak product features:
- Solid conveyor belt construction – Non-spliced, fiberglass-reinforced transmission belts for superior strength
- Reliable DC stepper motors – Virtually service free and allows for precise adjustments to velocity, torque, and acceleration
- Premium rail design – Cimtrak® conveyor features zero gaps between belt and edges to eliminate jams
- Adjustable in-feed tips – Can be lengthened by up to 4’’ for easy install
- Extruded aluminum framework – Provides light and strong chassis
- Industry 4.0 communication – Available with several PLC options and can be configured for smart industry 4.0 communication
High-speed DC stepper motor conveyor | Adjustable conveyor speed with two presets | Hand crank width adjust | Emergency stop, reset, inspect, and release controls | ESD wrist strap receptacles | Allen-Bradley PLC | Typical applications include: Conveyance of PCBs, Auer boats, and JEDEC trays between manufacturing processes; buffering and metering; acting as a platform for inspection, product ID, manual placement, and other processes | Electricity requirement: 110/220 V AC, 5 amps, 50/60 Hz.
- Customer Requested PLC (GE, Mitshubishi, Omron, Etc.)
- Inspect controls
- Power Width Control (PWC)
- Accesory Mounts / Miscroscope mount
- Customizable conveyor length
- Customizable number of drive sections
- Customizable length of drive sections
- 3 mm or 5 mm belt width
- Tooled width adjust
- Board clamps, lifts, locators, and stops
- Custom frame design
- Zero-gap edge guides eliminate the danger of boards becoming jammed under the edge guide
- Other customer-specified voltages available
- Precision-cut, propriety aluminum extrusion frame
- Extruded frame and conveyor rails allow accessories to be easily added and positioned
- All Edge Belt Connecting Conveyors are bi-directional
- High-speed DC stepper motors can move a five-pound product at 70 ft./min
- Modular conveyor rails allow the length of the conveyor to be significantly increased or decreased at a minimal cost
- No driveshafts to align or guard
- Backed by worldwide service and support from Simplimatic Automation
- Design and built in the USA