Simplimatic, A Signode Brand specializes in providing smart and simple material handling and automation solutions for complex manufacturing and packaging problems. Founded in 1965, Simplimatic serves hundreds of customers around the globe and has become world renowned for both the physical and intellectual products that they provide to dozens of different industries.
A Simplimatic Project Manager is responsible for the planning, organization, execution, and closing of a project. A PM will create and maintain comprehensive proposals, schedules, and other project documentation. An ideal project manager will foster positive relationships and experiences between the client and all other stakeholders. The ultimate goal of a Simplimatic Project Manager is to deliver every project on time, within budget, and meeting the exact scope of the project.
- Work with outside Sale force in proposal preparation
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Visit client facilities as required to confirm details and plant layouts
- Analyzes revenue and profitability across projects and seeks ways to maximize profitability
- Assist in revenue forecasting
- Assist in the identification of strategic accounts
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to organization
- Manage and resolve day-to-day engineering, operational and tactical aspects of multiple projects
- Determines appropriate timing of revenue recognition, ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for all projects under your direction
- Grow long-term relationships with clients, continually seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Manage key accounts as required
- Serves as key participant in team and client meetings as required
- Tactfully communicates sensitive information customer
- Coordinate installations and project acceptance
- Provide follow-up customer support as required
- Proven working experience in project management in the custom automation, electronics/semiconductor manufacturing, and/or packing industries
- Must be able to build expert knowledge in our industry and convey knowledge to others
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with issues using reason and experience. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Travel required up to 20%
Desired Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree; concentration in Engineering and/or Business
- One to two years related experience and/or training.
- Proven project management experience in custom automation, electronics/semiconductor manufacturing, and/or packaging industries.
- Microsoft Experience Required.
- Microsoft Office Experience Required.
- AutoCAD Experience Required, preferably Inventor
- Microsoft Project experience a plus.